How Do I license my animals?
Pet Licenses are available at city hall. If the animal is altered the cost is $7.50, if unaltered the cost is $10.00 per animal.
Please bring proof of their rabies vaccination.
No barnyard animals or exotic pets. Roosters are not allowed with the city limits.

Where is the closest animal adoption center?

PAWS of Grays Harbor.

PAWS of Grays Harbor is a No Kill Animal Shelter located at 800 W 1st St, Aberdeen Washington.

You can also call the Non-Emergency number any time at 360-533-8765 and request to speak with Animal Control.

Boards, Committees and Commissions

If an available position is available on one of the City's boards, committees or commissions please notify the mayor of your desire to volunteer.

Business Information

To obtain a business license for the city of Montesano please follow this link Washington state Dept. or Revenue

Fish and Wildlife
How do I report an injured animal

Friends of Slim Pickins Wildlife Rescue

Twin Harbors Wildlife Center, Montesano

Click here to visit Grays Harbor Audubon

How do I dispose of Hazardous Waste
LeMay's Central Transfer Station
29 Gavett Lane North
Montesano, WA 98563


Property Information

How do I look up property information?

Click here to visit Grays Harbor County parcel search


Public Records

 How do I submit a public records request

 To submit a Public Records Request follow this link to the form to fill out. Or email the city of Montesano at recordsrequest@montesano.us

Register to Vote

 How do I register to vote?
Click here to register to vote. Sign me up

What are the requirements to register as a Washington State voter?

  • be a citizen of the United States
  • be a legal resident of Washington State, your county and your precinct for 30 days immediately preceding the election in which you want to vote
  • be at least 18 years old by election day (16- and 17-year-olds can sign up as Future Voters and be automatically registered to vote when they turn 18)
  • not be disqualified from voting due to a court order
  • not be under Department of Corrections supervision for a Washington felony conviction