The City is conducting a pavement preservation project on W. Broadway from Main Street to 9th Street. The project was awarded to Rognlin’s, Inc. and work will begin in June 2019. The overlay and repairs will be substantially complete by the end of June. Later in the summer, around the first week of August, the area west of Fleet Street will be chip sealed. The chip seal work will be completed by County road crews.
Why is the City Repairing this Section of W. Broadway?
The pavement is getting old and the driving surface is beginning to fail in several areas. Curb ramps at the intersection of Main and Broadway need to be updated so that the project is eligible for funding from the Washington State Transportation Improvement Board (TIB).
The End Result
• Pavement between Main and Fleet and will be replaced with an asphalt overlay.
• Pavement between Fleet and 7th Street will be repaired and covered with a chip seal.
• The gravel road at the west end of Broadway will be chip sealed to reduce long term dust and maintenance issues.
• Access to the sidewalks for disabled pedestrians will be improved at the Main and Broadway intersection.
Timeline (subject to changes and updates)
• Paving, Repairs and Crack Sealing will be conducted in June of 2019.
• Chip Seal Work will be completed in early August of 2019.
• Final Striping will be completed later.
This project is funded by a $173,000 grant from TIB and $22,000 from the City’s General Fund.
Mike Olden, P.E.
Director of Public Works/Community Development
City of Montesano